Stories that make you smile, laugh and cry. A real life story of family, friends and parenting.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Faux Friends



I feel like I know so many people but when it comes to those really close friends I really feel like I am lacking. Is this my fault? I had one really good friend in high school and the rest of the time I floated from group to group. After me and that one really good friend had a huge falling out I've felt pretty lost ever since. So, I'll ask again....Is this all my own fault? I have gotten close to some moms that I know but I dunno, sometimes it's like we just don't click much more beyond being moms. It's like I am searching for a best friend and always coming out hurt or empty handed. Yeah I know poor poor me who cares. I wish I could just find someone like me. I'm a pretty simple person really and there has got to me someone out there. Shannon it's a shame you live so far! Can you post a want ad for a best friend? If you could here is what mine would say:

Searching for best friend! Married mother of two seeks other married mother to share time and secrets. Must be semi close in age, outgoing, honest and silly (as moms tend to be). I love to cook, bake, go on long hard walks, plan crafts and activities for my kids, sew, learn to scrapbook, refinish furniture and have a girls night out with drinking every once in awhile. Seeking someone with similar interests. I am a mom and wife first and foremost so I'm not looking for a party girl. Hope you are out there somewhere and that we meet soon. Patiently waiting.


I AM SO LAME!

8 comments:

Someone Being Me said...

Thats funny. I wrote a similar post about this same thing not too long ago. It is hard to meet good friend. Sometimes I feel like a single woman trying to find a good man sometimes. All the good ones are taken.

misguidedmommy said...

i can teach you to scrapbook my dear..but refinishing furniture...your out of your damn mind

Shawna said...

You are so not lame. I love your add.

Christy said...

We have been living in New Jersey for about two years, and I still feel lonely and displaced. I have a few mommy friends, but these relationships feel kind of forced. If we didn't have kids, I know we wouldn't be friends.

I liked your ad. I hope someone answers it soon.

Anonymous said...

It's so not your fault. Finding a close friend you can trust is very hard. People don't realize that a friendship needs to be cared for like any other relationship. I have several friends but only ONE that I trust and can rely on 100%. I hope you meet that special friend real soon. Very cute post.

Jen said...

Nope. Not lame. I feel the same way. I don't have any friends in the same STATE as me that have kids. It can get lonely. All my friends are still going out and getting wasted and I am home nursing the bebe. I would SOO go for walks with you- but I have to agree with Shan on the refinishing furniture thing though! Hee!

Anonymous said...

I'm right there w/ ya girl! I've been burned twice recently by "friends" that I had really trusted and counted on. Since then, I am finding it so hard to really make an effort to become close to anyone else. What's the point when women are so catty and untrustworthy? I don't feel like getting fucked over again...

I LOVE your Want-ad...I could've written it myself. Seriously. :)

Anonymous said...

You're adorable. I don't know how I missed this post before, but I love it. ;) I promise I won't be your faux friend and I plan to be there by your side for too long to come. :)