Stories that make you smile, laugh and cry. A real life story of family, friends and parenting.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Living in Filth


Ever feel like you are just living in a dump called a home? Papers stacked on every counter, toys strewn about everywhere, dishes over flowing in the sink stains on carpets and clothes on the floor of every bedroom. When did I become this much of a slob? I always knew I was not the most anal of people when it came to cleaning but aren't moms supposed to be cleaning freaks?

Last night and this morning we scrambled to get ready for the carpets to be cleaned today. The house looks so clean when there isn't any clutter. Maybe I just lack the space to store anything so it just seems to stack up and collect in odd places. Maybe I should set certain days to clean specific things ie....
Monday: vacuum,
Tuesday: dust,
Wednesday: pick up and sort clutter,
Thursday: clean bathrooms,
Friday: outside poo poo duty and clean cat box
Saturday: Laundry
Sunday: REST

How long do you think this will last. I give it a month! Okay, maybe 2 weeks! Wow I don't have much confidence in myself but hey I'll try.

What works for all of you? Are we all just messy? Is it just because I have a newborn and a crazy, draining toddler that my home looks this way? HELP!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you ever find the answer to this, PLEASE DO SHARE. I struggle with this everyday and you know what... I've learned to let go of a lot of it. Hence the disaster when you come to visit! lol

Anonymous said...

I thnk you are doing awesome. Minus the two kids and the toys everywhere you described how my apartment has been since Christmas!

I still have piles of paper everywhere but I can see some of the kitchen table.

Anonymous said...

u and phil are always messy, tell phil to make more money and hire a maid. love ya thorpe

Stefanie said...

I have typically busted ass all weekend for a super clean house but then realized that was not fun. Now I am starting to incorporate one project per night like you. It is much less stressful and easy.

Jill said...

I attempted the same idea...to accomplish one thing a day instead of trying to do it all at once when the whole dang house has blown up! Worked well while I was on maternity leave...now it's another story!