Stories that make you smile, laugh and cry. A real life story of family, friends and parenting.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Crabby Patties

Woo Hoo, I made crab cakes for dinner. My husband LOVES crab cakes but I've always been to nervous to try and cook them. We had a whole bag of crab that my dad had brought over from a crab feed so I found a very simple recipe from Martha Stewart and decided to try it out.

Let's just say that they were sooooo simple and yummy yummy yummy with just the slightest bit of spice to them. Check out the pictures. I am proud of myself. I'm also just proud of the fact that I made dinner with two kids. Tyler tore up the leaves for the salad for me....what a big helper!


Here's the link to the recipe:
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/mothers-crab-cakes?lnc=5a79cf380e1dd010VgnVCM1000005b09a00aRCRD&rsc=cf_link



My little helper, Tyler



Ingredients



Fresh Crab Meat! I cracked it all myself!



Cooking in the pan



The finished product



Served with green salad this was dinner...yum!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're friggin awesome, but ahem, honey, when you make dinner for your spouses, they should be present. :)

I love you girlie. You inspire me!

Anonymous said...

Those crabcakes look YUMMY...makes me want to attempt to make 'em.

misguidedmommy said...

dont know how i missed this. they look awesome. i have that pan

Jill said...

Very impressive! Makes me feel like a slacker...I only have one kid and have never attempted those!! Great job!

Jen said...

Oh. MY. GOB!

Yuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm!!!! So pretty too! You're like a professional!

Kelley said...

those look really good...I had brocoli and chicken tonight..yuck.

I hate this eating well crap!

Tomorrow night- pizza and beer!

Lainey-Paney said...

YUM.